What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

DestinyPlayer

Re: What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Postby DestinyPlayer » Sat Sep 15, 2018 3:35 pm

As a bit of a nod to the more Japanese style of superheroes, I'm kind of hoping for a superpowered jumping kick of sorts. Preferably not a low-level ability, but something closer to the higher power curve. Because Rider Kick lives on forever

Dnyd

Postby Dnyd » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:49 pm

Why can't the powers be sand box? I always hated how limiting COH was. I always wanted to be able to choose less powers and more modding. Also, to be able to mix and match. Why can't y blaster carry a sword?

The lead dev & the CEO said they want ridiculous amount of powersets... eventually. I will be happy if they release the game with 4 primary and 4 secondary powersets for each AT, then add more with each larger patch. For tanks that would mean (setting typical powersets together) Inv/SS, Fire/Fire, Ice/Ice and Willpower/Weapon. That would cover 80+% of the tanks in comics. Then they could add Stone/Stone, Energy/Energy and so on with later patches. Not saying they HAVE to be arranged like that, I'm saying these are typical player chosen setups.

SOME POWERSETS I REALLY WANT TO SEE

Invulnerability - DCUO really dropped the ball by not having a true Superman/Wonder Woman setup available.

Dark - I always thought that Dark powers were very entertaining for all ATs in CoH, so they need to be in SoH too!

Radiation - Almost a given considering the setting and lore, over several ATs

Fire and Ice - The elemental powers are compelling to many players, and these cover many ATs

Gadgets and weapons - Jet packs, Traps, Devices, Bows, Rifles and Pistols, all of these need to be in the game, although they don't all have to be there at release.

Postby Avatar PDM » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:33 am

Why can't the powers be sand box? I always hated how limiting COH was. I always wanted to be able to choose less powers and more modding. Also, to be able to mix and match. Why can't y blaster carry a sword?

The lead dev & the CEO said they want ridiculous amount of powersets... eventually. I will be happy if they release the game with 4 primary and 4 secondary powersets for each AT, then add more with each larger patch. For tanks that would mean (setting typical powersets together) Inv/SS, Fire/Fire, Ice/Ice and Willpower/Weapon. That would cover 80+% of the tanks in comics. Then they could add Stone/Stone, Energy/Energy and so on with later patches. Not saying they HAVE to be arranged like that, I'm saying these are typical player chosen setups.

SOME POWERSETS I REALLY WANT TO SEE

Invulnerability - DCUO really dropped the ball by not having a true Superman/Wonder Woman setup available.

Dark - I always thought that Dark powers were very entertaining for all ATs in CoH, so they need to be in SoH too!

Radiation - Almost a given considering the setting and lore, over several ATs

Fire and Ice - The elemental powers are compelling to many players, and these cover many ATs

Gadgets and weapons - Jet packs, Traps, Devices, Bows, Rifles and Pistols, all of these need to be in the game, although they don't all have to be there at release.
I understand what you mean and I thought it would have been nice too - having a complete pool to choose from - but the decision has been made by the Devs that they want to stick with powersets and I can only guess that it has to do with the coding
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

r0y

Postby r0y » Sat Oct 06, 2018 3:45 pm

A power pool, sandbox-style, sounds more along the lines of Elder Scrolls Online. You have your basic class, which has a unique "power pool," but then there are other pools out there (one for each weapon type, some for certain guilds like Dark Brotherhood, etc.) - but the player is only able to gain so much experience and points to put in them. It's a very interesting and sandbox-like system.

However, no matter what happens, most players (especially younger ones) will always find the min/max, cookie-cutter builds. That just seems to be how things go.
I hope someone will have a character planning tool similar to Mids' Hero Planner - that kept me in CoH/CoV longer than anything. Hundreds of heroes, most level-capped, across multiple servers (mainly Infinity).

planetaryWarfareBot

Postby planetaryWarfareBot » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:00 am

I like the Elemental style powersets. Fire, Ice, Water, Elec, Earth, Storm. I really liked Storm... it had a lot of utility and thematically was pretty cool. I'd like to see something like that.

I'd also like to see something like the Kheldian Peacebringer. Shape shifting was neat, good jack of all trades depending on solo or group dynamics, good utility class.

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Oct 08, 2018 4:35 am

nice - another one likes my elemental power idea :)
What is Reality, what a Dream? Is the dream changing your reality or is the reality defining your dreams? Only one being aware, that awareness can never be complete can use both to become the best possible and combine both to form the future! PDM

Jordan Yen

Postby Jordan Yen » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:10 pm

This thread is large so hopefully this hasn't been said before, but I think the powers are pretty well-defined. You short, mid, and long-range elements of all kinds. Mix that for awesomeness :)

But seriously, the thing I want most is less the powers than the ability to choose alternate animations for the power. In CoH, they let you do this eventually and it was fantastic for roleplay and character diversity. They eventually let us use colors for powers too, but it would be even cooler if you could choose a few custom designs for the POWERS themselves (and not just the animation the character does).
Please see my Everything I Hope for A City of Heroes Sequel Game article for the most important things I want to see in a new game.

gemini

Postby gemini » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:24 pm

I want to see a powerset similar to the kinetics set (defender primary/controller secondary in COH) - very little actual healing (like empathy) or defense (bubbles!), but instead a wide range of buffs to enhance your teammates with.

I remember early in the lifecycle of COH I would join a group and people would ask me "why aren't you empathy/bubbles" and after every run I would get friend requests.

Dying Breath

Postby Dying Breath » Fri Oct 26, 2018 3:32 pm

I want to see a powerset similar to the kinetics set (defender primary/controller secondary in COH) - very little actual healing (like empathy) or defense (bubbles!), but instead a wide range of buffs to enhance your teammates with.

I remember early in the lifecycle of COH I would join a group and people would ask me "why aren't you empathy/bubbles" and after every run I would get friend requests.
As a rad defender, your experience is very different from mine: "YU not healz/bubbles LOL" </kick>

gemini

Postby gemini » Fri Oct 26, 2018 4:41 pm

As a rad defender, your experience is very different from mine: "YU not healz/bubbles LOL" </kick>
Lol. I got that occasionally until people figured out speed boost.

I always liked Rad defenders in my groups, (your capstone, that huge debuff? was insane!)

Stand strong fellow non-healers!

Dezzer

Postby Dezzer » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:10 pm

I don’t believe I have seen this mentioned yet, but then again, it may not be for the faint of heart either. I think it could be a unique power set that I haven’t seen elsewhere, and please correct me if I am wrong and it has been in any other game.

I am thinking of a bug/insect power set. It may even fall under a summoner type class I suppose where your powers are all insect/bug related. Summon a swarm of bees, wasps, or hornets to attack your enemy.

Your enemies not too scared of bees? How about unleashing a number of spiders, tarantulas, or other creepy crawlers at them, or even cockroaches. Maybe all of the above. :lol:

For a lighter side of things, maybe use butterflies, or a swarm of alien eating lady bugs.

Centipedes, millipedes, worms, etc. Anything that one would make one shudder at the thought.

It would make for some great costume designs as well to have insect type attire. :)

Let me hear your thoughts! Thanks!
Some will say the glass is half full,
Others will say the glass is half empty,
I say just give me the drink! Cheers!

Golden Ace

Postby Golden Ace » Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:01 pm

That would be very cool.
♪ Sometimes you feel like a Tank, Sometimes you don't! ♫

All Ship of Heroes Videos

IN BLACKEST DAY, IN BRIGHTEST NIGHT,
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE.
LET THOSE WHO POST THEIR SPAM-ISH SLIGHT
FACE THE POWER OF ACE'S MIGHT!

Postby Avatar PDM » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:23 am

I don’t believe I have seen this mentioned yet, but then again, it may not be for the faint of heart either. I think it could be a unique power set that I haven’t seen elsewhere, and please correct me if I am wrong and it has been in any other game.

I am thinking of a bug/insect power set. It may even fall under a summoner type class I suppose where your powers are all insect/bug related. Summon a swarm of bees, wasps, or hornets to attack your enemy.

Your enemies not too scared of bees? How about unleashing a number of spiders, tarantulas, or other creepy crawlers at them, or even cockroaches. Maybe all of the above. :lol:

For a lighter side of things, maybe use butterflies, or a swarm of alien eating lady bugs.

Centipedes, millipedes, worms, etc. Anything that one would make one shudder at the thought.

It would make for some great costume designs as well to have insect type attire. :)

Let me hear your thoughts! Thanks!
I am always for Animal-Controllers and nature-type of powers :)
And I especially would be looking forward, to the costumes, which would go with that :D

Flight Power could be on the back of a flying insect (think about Ant Man)

And (so i don´t just waist your time agreeing ;) ) to add another thought - maybe in the higher power levels the insects you use could be big (or maybe you just enlarge existing animals which are flying or crawling around :) ) like the size of a cow or so (think about it: you summon a group of insects or spiders or caterpillars or whatever and eventually you pick one and enlarge it as a more powerful attack) ;)

tom0416

Postby tom0416 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:43 am

I like Bakugo from Boku no hero academia so i would like to see Explosian powers as Bakugo have :D :D

Dezzer

Postby Dezzer » Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:55 am

I like Bakugo from Boku no hero academia so i would like to see Explosian powers as Bakugo have :D :D
I'm not too familiar with a lot of anime nowadays. I'm more old school with Ranma 1/2 :lol:

For those of us who are not familiar with Explosian powers could you describe what they would entail? Thank you!
Some will say the glass is half full,
Others will say the glass is half empty,
I say just give me the drink! Cheers!

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”