What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

vladko92

What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Postby vladko92 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:58 pm

Well the thread's title says it all.

Tell me guys, what kind of powers you would hope to see? What kind of powers you would like to suggest?

I personally and certainly do hope that I will be able to make a Ranger Blasting character, with lightning and weather manipulation powers. It has always been my favorite, since I was a child, I grew up with the 92's X-Men The Animated Series, and since then I've always dove into Ororo aka Storm's powers. I've always loved her personality, her limitations, her devastating and destructive powers, yet they can be used as well and as support to team mates and allies. Fogs to cover your escape, Rain and Thunder to take the attention of the enemies, Winds to tore throughout an lock door. Lightning to stun foes without killing them. Vast major area covers of wild spread storms, able to annihilate a city, or prevent a Tsunami or a Hurricane!

She has always had these powers, which are truly balanced, between destruction or reconstruction. They can be used for either offense or defense and support on enemies and allies! And I do hope to make such character!

Now let's hear your thoughts on the matter!

Christopher Robin

Re: What kind of power you are hoping to see or want to suggest?

Postby Christopher Robin » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:02 pm

Are you talking from a looks perspective? As in what I would like to see or what I want to exist from a roleplay standpoint?

vladko92

Postby vladko92 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:04 pm

Are you talking from a looks perspective? As in what I would like to see or what I want to exist from a roleplay standpoint?
From both view points, what you would like to see and what would you want to exist so you can use it in role-play. :)

Bordayus

Postby Bordayus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:49 pm

While it was Refer to as a different sort of Necromancy, the idea was that it a power to manipulate life energy, To create life, or to End life, to heal or damage, to make sick or to cure sickness, to make healthy or to poison one body...and while Necromancy may get the idea across of raise skeleton and zombies only, the manipulation of life and Death magic was classify as a form of Necromancy, Clerical divine healing as White Magic...Still to avoid the confusion, I would like to refer to this power set the Aura.

So Bordayus has the Aura magic School, able to channel both Positive and Negative energy Into a nice support set, Focus on heals, Pets and some nifty Offensive power though stronger against Undead creature.
Heals:
Beam: Target a friend or alley and maintain the attack to continuously heal target
Regenerating: Area Buff that allow Team mate to heal rapidly for a short time
Pets:
Undead: Include Zombies and Skeletons, though being heroes, this may not applicant to the LIVING SENTIENT being, likely you are bring back from the dead your good old faithful hound from the grave to serve you in unlife or a bone golem made from what left of that Fried Chicken bucket you finish consuming by yourself, but no bring back dead love ones like your mom or dad who was killed taken a short cut through an alley or die in an accident and the like
Golem: Magic and granting life to enchanted object to serve you with life energy
Offensive Magic:
Poison clouds / Area Debuff to enemies for sickness / Aura Bolt

of course these are just a rough idea of such a set to get an idea, so there likely flaws and such in the mix. While not a powerful DPS, the build is strong in Damage buff, enemies debuff and team Buff and heal. as well as some of your life energy go into bring life to your pets, when a pet it kill, you take damage for a certain fix amount base on level...

and that just one of my idea of a power set of what I hope to see in game some day, maybe here or maybe in another game?

vladko92

Postby vladko92 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:55 pm

power set the Aura.
This sounds to me as a Summoner class, who concentrated on support.

Bordayus

Postby Bordayus » Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:46 pm

ideally a Summoner would summon an creature, spirit or being with the summon own life energy, not power it with their own. this mean that the summon creature killed it take no health away from caster? still the build support is mostly center around heal and Debuff, with Buff and pets second, and Offense the last still I can see how it can look like an alternative summoner class

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Sat Mar 11, 2017 4:36 pm

YES... ill suggest a travel power id love to see implemented... super speed... , yes SS , but with a enhancement of running on water after a certain lvl. that would help travel soooo much more FUN.
Let the bright stars ahead guide your journey

Christopher Robin

Postby Christopher Robin » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:13 am

Things like flight, speed and teleportation are a given, if we're talking travel powers
I'd like to "see" though it's tough to beat Ninja Run and Prestige Power Slide.

GladDog

Postby GladDog » Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:48 am

The lead dev & the CEO said they want ridiculous amount of powersets... eventually. I will be happy if they release the game with 4 primary and 4 secondary powersets for each AT, then add more with each larger patch. For tanks that would mean (setting typical powersets together) Inv/SS, Fire/Fire, Ice/Ice and Willpower/Weapon. That would cover 80+% of the tanks in comics. Then they could add Stone/Stone, Energy/Energy and so on with later patches. Not saying they HAVE to be arranged like that, I'm saying these are typical player chosen setups.

SOME POWERSETS I REALLY WANT TO SEE

Invulnerability - DCUO really dropped the ball by not having a true Superman/Wonder Woman setup available.

Dark - I always thought that Dark powers were very entertaining for all ATs in CoH, so they need to be in SoH too!

Radiation - Almost a given considering the setting and lore, over several ATs

Fire and Ice - The elemental powers are compelling to many players, and these cover many ATs

Gadgets and weapons - Jet packs, Traps, Devices, Bows, Rifles and Pistols, all of these need to be in the game, although they don't all have to be there at release.
IN BRIGHTEST DAY, OR DARKEST NIGHT
NO SPAM SHALL STAY UPON THIS SITE
FOR THOSE THAT FEED THIS EVIL BLIGHT
BEWARE THE PAIN OF GUARD DOG'S BITE!

Taivas

Postby Taivas » Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:48 pm

Since this is a CoH successor, I'm fairly certain it will be in the game at some stage but I want to say it anyway. Gravity, gravity, gravity. I loved the gravity set, had the perfect character concept for it that became my main established hero (Taivas). Beyond that, some kind of celestial/light/holy power would be cool. Darkness powers to mirror that, of course.

Christopher Robin

Postby Christopher Robin » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:53 pm

.............................. some kind of celestial/light/holy power would be cool. Darkness powers to mirror that, of course.
It's interesting (a bit telling?) you didn't say "some kind of abyssal/darkness/evil powers to mirror that" ;)
If any dev is reading this, and taking the ideas expressed into consideration, I would suggest
that only the middle options are viable i.e. generic light and darkness. It's never
a good idea to introduce overt religion (or politics for that matter)
into an MMO whereas themes of light and darkness are
universal in storytelling and character creation.

Caemgen

Postby Caemgen » Mon Mar 13, 2017 11:39 pm

To a huge extent, I don't care what types of powers there are. I care how flexible and variable they are.

I'd be happy if there was one Melee set. So long as each power in the set has as many different animations and power effects and such as possible. I suppose those more into numbers want more sets with more variance so they can maximize this, minimize that, etc... Be me, I just want to be able to customize how stuff looks as much as possible and I'll dictate the theme and explanations and story behind them, etc myself in my head canon and rp.

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:07 pm

OK ill say it .... the one power no one likes .... (i guess except me) is 'KNOCK BACK" i loved it and SOOOO... enjoyed playing my Blaster with it . I blast them from afar and then when they get close knock then back , blast then again knocking them further back, wait for them to recover and run at me again and ... yes you guessed it knock them back again . loved to yo yo the bad-ees all day long hee hee .

Christopher Robin

Postby Christopher Robin » Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:44 pm

Hahaha guess I must be no one because I loved all the varieties of "knock" powers.
Knock up (lol), knock down and knock back. When on a team I was a little more cautious
with their use so as to not upset the melee heroes who needed to be surrounded
by enemies to be effective but soloing or with a small group of friends I took
much joy in sending people and objects flying every which way I could. :)

One time, on my way through Atlas to host a costume contest on my level 50 SS/Fire tanker Brahn, a level 1
Hellion leaning up against the wall on a street corner said "You Suck!" as I blazed past. It actually came
up in my chat (they had just added smack talk to the AI based on proximity to a hero but had
yet to add a simple level check and ignore if that hero cons more than + or -5 to it's level).

I was like "Excuse me??? What did you just say to me?"

Why you little..." I proceeded to hit all my build up and buff type powers, then unloaded a beauty
of a running Knockout Blow (the punch that winds up and hits them under the chin) and
he shot up through the air so fast I lost sight of him. So I waited for his body to land...

...and waited lol

...seconds ticked by and no Hellion to be seen. I flew up to get a better look just in time
to see his body before it disappeared (to the Zig) laying on the roof of a two story brownstone
shop across the street... until that moment though I honestly thought I had launched him into orbit. :lol:

.................loved to yo yo the bad-ees all day long hee hee .

Know what's more fun than Yo Yo'ing villains? Getting two low level blasters with either Power Thrust,
Telekinetic Thrust or the Nemesis Staff to stand on opposite sides of a villain, green
ring their KB power and you could actually play Ping Pong! :D

Add Air Superiority to the mix and you could back flip em, knock
em down and as they try to stand send their body flailing like a rag doll
to your buddy to knock down and send flying back your way. It never got old.

That said I know how others feel about KB so I sketched this up one day. ;)

Image <---click click

Eulb

Postby Eulb » Wed Mar 15, 2017 12:53 am

Grate story and man your quite the poster on the forums . i stand in awe !!!!

Return to “Fan Creations & Roleplay”